The Ultimate Guide to Relationship Deal Breakers (from my friends’ and I’s POV)
1. He lives at home. With his parents. Enough said.
2. The only artwork that hangs on his walls are posters. Specifically we’re talking about the cliché scar face posters or the bikini clad bombshell above his bed. What is he? Stuck in college?
3. He hides things from you. This should be obvious but seeing as trust is the foundation of any relationship, you don’t want to be stuck with a guy who hides things from you! For example, if he has a password code on his phone and refuses to give it to you, this might be a red flag.
4. He posts shirtless selfies on Instagram. This guy either has low self-esteem and desperately needs approval. In which case, no matter how much attention you give him, it will never be enough. Or he’s way too into himself. Probably more into himself than he is into you.
5. His kitchen staples are frozen dinners, canned food, and ramon noodles. This guy has some growing up to do. Or he’s just flat out broke.
6. He talks to his mom everyday. We love a guy who is close to his mom. This means he likely respects women and knows how to treat a lady. But if his mom knows more about your relationship with him than his own friends? He might have a mama complex…In other words, it’s fine when he’s a boy but when that boy becomes a man and his mother still rules his life, it’s a problem.
7. He has an ex girlfriend’s name tattoed on him. Come on, people! Tattoos are for life! Unless his ex girlfriend’s name is Mary and he plans on inking Virgin Mother in front of it, you don’t want to have to see her name every day on your man’s chest.
8. He expects you to cook and clean for him. This is 2014 people, it’s not 1956! You are not his maid.
9. He doesn’t have friends of his own. This is a huge deal breaker! If you and your friends are his only social outlet- run. It’s going to become a codependent relationship fast. Besides, what’s wrong with him that he can’t sustain any friendships? Don’t wait around to find out the answer.
10. He can’t fend for himself in social situations. This is related to number 9 in that this guy is likely a codependent. When you take him out to parties, you don’t want to have to baby sit him! He shouldn’t be clinging to your side the entire time.