I think it’s important that we define what we are looking for in a life partner. As with most things in life, if we don’t know what we’re looking for than how can we expect to find it? Here is a simple list that I have come up with of the things I am most looking for in a man. I encourage anyone who has not written such a list to try it. Not only is it fun to think about, but it can be a useful tool in the dating game. We all know it is easy to be blindsided by love, ignore red flags, and end up with someone whom you know isn’t right for you. Maybe a list can save us single folks some trouble in the future…
Here’s my personal list:
– God Fearing
– Intellectual – loves to think concepts and talk deep
– Educated and well travelled
– A calm temperament and handles stress well
– Consistent and stable
– Solid work ethic
– Disciplined in living a life of integrity – what does he do when no one is looking?
– Humble- thinks of others more than he thinks of himself
– Pursues me passionately
– Gets along well with my family and friends
– Can make me laugh no matter what mood I’m in – This one is key. A man who can make me laugh when I’m having a bad day is invaluable.
- The Husband List: 12 Non-Negotiables (sharonemerson1.wordpress.com)
- Be Love to Receive Love (evolveandascend.com)
- An open letter to SINGLE WOMEN – about your future husband (solomonashoms.wordpress.com)