You must approach dating with a pure heart, as that is my heart. Do not lust after your brother or sister, because then you are not approaching him/her motive-free.
Think of how you came to know and love me. It is because I first loved you. For no reason. With no motives. And so you accepted my love. And then returned it.
Dear one, this is how you all are wired. If you play the world’s love game, you will surely lose. You are on my team, the winning team, and if you play by my rules, you will always be victorious.
A lot of people seem to enter relationships in order to be saved. They’re hurting from something deep within and when a man or woman comes to their “rescue”, they jump right in, thinking that they’ve found “the one”. But the problem with marrying your paramedic is as soon as the accident is over, your relationship will crash. In essence, you’re replacing one accident with another.
I think it’s important that we define what we are looking for in a life partner. As with most things in life, if we don’t know what we’re looking for than how can we expect to find it? Here is a simple list that I have come up with of the things I am most looking for in a man. I encourage anyone who has not written such a list to try it. Not only is it fun to think about, but it can be a useful tool in the dating game. We all know it is easy to be blindsided by love, ignore red flags, and end up with someone whom you know isn’t right for you. Maybe a list can save us single folks some trouble in the future…
Here’s my personal list:
– God Fearing
– Intellectual – loves to think concepts and talk deep
– Educated and well travelled
– A calm temperament and handles stress well
– Consistent and stable
– Solid work ethic
– Disciplined in living a life of integrity – what does he do when no one is looking?
– Humble- thinks of others more than he thinks of himself
– Pursues me passionately
– Gets along well with my family and friends
– Can make me laugh no matter what mood I’m in – This one is key. A man who can make me laugh when I’m having a bad day is invaluable.