A funny description of what it’s like to be a writer by fellow author Donald Miller.
“Writers don’t make any money at all. We make about a dollar. It is terrible. But then again we don’t work either. We sit around in our underwear until noon then go downstairs and make coffee, fry some eggs, read the paper, read part of a book, smell the book, wonder if perhaps we ourselves should work on our book, smell the book again, throw the book across the room because we are quite jealous that any other person wrote a book, feel terribly guilty about throwing the schmuck’s book across the room because we secretly wonder if God in heaven noticed our evil jealousy, or worse, our laziness. We then lie across the couch facedown and mumble to God to forgive us because we are secretly afraid He is going to dry up all our words because we envied another man’s stupid words. And for this, as I said, we are paid a dollar. We are worth so much more.”
A mockery of American culture’s obsession with “Success”. Fair warning: Terrifying facial expressions abound.
My dad and I acting like total goofballs. I’m so blessed to have him and grateful that we’re so close!
If you feel like a good laugh, watch this video. Ladies, I know y’all can relate!!
Let me know what you think! I hope this makes you smile! Happy humpday!
I compiled a list of 10 Things I Learned From Social Media. Watch this video to hear me speak on what I’ve learned from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more. The list is also copied below. Can you think of anything else? What have you learned? It’s a new age, folks…
- Grumpy cat will make you anything but grumpy.
- There’s a fine line between stalking and research.
- The amount of “followers” you have doesn’t make you better than anyone else.
- The number of “likes” you get has nothing to do with how well liked you are in person.
- Everyone’s life looks better on social media.
- Some make up and a filter can go a long way.
- Never trust an Instagram model who doesn’t speak in her videos.
- Online is the only place where someone can follow you without you getting scared, running away, or calling the cops.
- If you didn’t get a picture of it, it didn’t happen.
- If Britney Spears can get through 2007, you can get through today.
“Show me a woman who doesn’t feel guilty and I’ll show you a man.” -Erica Jong
Women worry about men forgetting things. Men worry about women remembering things.
If it takes too long, you’re doing it wrong.
If Britney Spears can get through 2007, you can get through today. 🙂